Attraction is built on six criteria:
1) Aesthetic - This is what first attracts us to someone. Symmetry and natural beauty are key.
2) Romantic gestures - Planning dates, writing handwritten love letters, and getting someone a gift just because it's a Tuesday are super duper romantic. Ronald and Nancy Reagan were the ultimate romantics. He would write love letters for her while he was travelling.
3) Emotional connection - Trust and respect take time. Self-disclosure and overcoming challenges as a team will help you create a strong bond. The 36 questions for falling in love are a mixture of light-hearted questions and serious ones. Asking open-ended questions about their beliefs, upbringing, lifestyle, and vision will guide you to see if there is compatibility.
4) Intellectual - Sapiosexuals are on-the-rise as the geek and nerd culture becomes hip.
5) Sensual - Holding hands, kissing, and gently pushing someone on the shoulder are flirtatious.
6) Sexual - Learning about erogenous zones will help amp up your attraction level. Studies have shown courting and self-restraint lead to longer-lasting relationships.